DFW Nerd Night Game Design Competition
Howdy, game designers! Welcome to the first annual DFW Nerd Night Game Design Competition. We've got an amazing list of designers and design teams who've asked to participate, and we can't wait to reveal them to you!
For updates on the contest, check out our Contest Blog!
Designers will receive a Designer's Toolkit (provided by Panda Game Manufacturing) that contains a number of components of varying types, including blank cards. Teams will have two weeks to make the best game they can with the included components.
Each contest submission must:
- Use only components included in the prototype kit
- Be playable in 90 minutes or less
- Be NEW design, not a game already in progress before the contest began.
Final submissions will require:
- A Google or Dropbox document with typed rules for the game (so we can play and test it)
- A list of components used in the game
- A printable file (images, pictures, .jpg, etc) of specific components
- A video explaining the rules
Bonus points awarded for:
- Gameplay videos
- An additional design document detailing the decisions you made and why
- Playtest reports from players
All submissions remain property of the design teams, including any input and support provided by the judges. Contest void where prohibited.
Thanks to supremely generous sponsors, we'll have some games to give away to the winners and other participants (best co-op game, best survival game, etc). We'll talk more about that once the contest begins!